Merlin: DeFi Wallet Tracker by VALK
Modern DeFi is not exactly easy to navigate & use. While many companies are aiming at simplifying DeFi trading & investing for users, tracking positions across DeFi applications is still very problematic. Read more to understand how Merlin, VALK’s DeFi portfolio tracker, will step up your DeFi game once and for all.
The problem of portfolio management becomes even more defined when investors use multiple strategies, such as trading, investing, LP, lending/borrowing, staking, across multiple protocols and wish to analyze their performance.
The majority of wallets and portfolio management tools give visibility for your assets and DeFi operations with their current day value. However, there is no way to see whether you are making profit or loss compared to your initial investment, how much total yield you have earned or how much gas in total you paid for all your transactions. Hence, DeFi users don’t have the data to make smart DeFi decisions yet.
Enter Merlin, VALK’s portfolio tracker.
What is Merlin?
Simply put, Merlin is the single dashboard for portfolio management, analytics and reporting on all things DeFi for retail blockchain investors & traders and crypto VCs.
Under the hood, Merlin is an indexation protocol that can access all DeFi applications, extract & analyse a wide range of data for each transaction across multiple protocols.
Imagine what Etherscan did for the Ethereum blockchain? Merlin scales the same operations to all the DeFi protocols and adds a wide range of other analytics options for a deep understanding of users’ positions and performance.
Our know-how technologies employ a deep understanding of each DeFi smart contract, so on top of the basic features, we can offer advanced analytics.
Currently, Merlin by VALK is the only wallet that can provide historical values of APYs, pool behaviour, PnL, yield generated, aggregate transaction fees not only in the token value but also in comparison to ETH, USD and other currencies.
With Merlin, DeFi VCs and retail users can have a full overview of their portfolio across multiple wallets, protocols and networks.
Merlin provides the most accurate data about users’ total holdings as well as individual assets in their portfolio, so users can create smart trading/investing decisions and simplify their crypto accounting & tax reporting process later on.
Who is Merlin for?
When designing Merlin we took into account the main issues of retail and VC DeFi investors today:
· Limited options for accurate and easy-to-use accounting and portfolio management tools for tokens & DeFi operations across multiple protocols
· Need to switch between platforms because there is no single dashboard with deep analytics and good UX
· Lack of accuracy of information and depth of analytics, only current today’s data available
As a result of the above limitations of the market, users are losing money while taking uninformed trading, investing and DeFi participation decisions.
Merlin saves users’ money, time and effort both for portfolio management, investment strategies and accounting.
What can Merlin do for you?
Merlin is easy-to-use. As the user, you simply need to connect your wallet or paste the address (works with multiple wallets, too). Then our wallet tracker will do everything for you automatically.
· Extract all the transactions related to your wallet
· Show the total portfolio value
· Retrieve the position of each digital asset deployed across DeFi protocols
· Calculate the positions
· Show historical values, such as the current price of the token and the price of the token at the moment of investment/deposit
· Calculate total and daily yield generated
· Provide comparison vs USD or other currency
· Calculate gas fees paid for all the DeFi operations
· Work out the total gain or loss that the users made following their current DeFi strategy
· Prevents impermanent loss by signalling